In case of emergency, call 911.
To inform the University of any unethical behavior or policy violation, you may use the UVA Compliance Helpline (800-235-8700) to submit a report securely and confidentially (and anonymously, if desired). The UVA Compliance Office will receive your Helpline submission and will work with the relevant office to appropriately and respectfully investigate your concern. Or instead--if you are already certain of the subject-specific reporting portal that is appropriate for your situation--you may find the link below. Thank you for taking the time to report your concern, thereby helping to strengthen our community of trust.
Subject-specific reporting portals
- Just Report It! - to report incidents involving sexual and gender-based violence, bias, hazing, Clery reports, speech rights, youth protection, or threats or acts of violence.
- Respect@UVA - to report allegations of abuse or mistreatment of University personnel to UVA Human Resources, including situations related to workplace bullying or inappropriate behavior.
- Report a Tip and LiveSafe - to provide tips to the UVA Police Department on previously reported crimes.
- Report a Barrier - to identify accessibility obstacles to the University's programs, activities, or services.
- Report a Safety Hazard - to report physical infrastructure hazards (e.g., loose handrails, poor lighting, lack of crosswalk signage) or for after-hours building emergency calls.
- COVID-19 Compliance - for members of the UVA community to document violations related to Covid-19 safety.
- Community Concerns Reporting Portal - for residents of the surrounding community to communicate concerns (including those related to Covid-19 safety) to University administration.
- UVA Fraud Hotline - to notify Internal Audit of situations involving fraud (434-924-4110).
- State Fraud, Waste & Abuse Hotline - to submit allegations of fraud directly to the Office of the State Inspector General.
- Athletics Compliance Tipline - to identify potential violations related to NCAA or ACC regulations or UVA Athletics Covid-19 protocol.
- Information Security Reporting - to report an information security incident or the unauthorized access/breach of University data.
- Research Integrity - to notify the UVA Research Integrity Officer of possible research misconduct.
- Export Controls Reporting - to ask questions or document suspected violations related to export controls and sanction compliance.
- Foreign Influence - to seek guidance or report a concern about potential undue foreign influence on research.
- University Ombuds - for assistance in resolving problems, complaints, conflicts, and other issues when normal processes and procedures have not worked satisfactorily.